A great checking account for IU South Bend Students!
1st Source Bank is proud to open a branch on the IU South Bend campus to better serve the students in our community! Our e-Student account gives you all the flexibility you need with the extra security of knowing there is someone on campus ready to help you as you need. Plus, our Mobile App and Online Banking makes moving money and tracking swipes quick and easy. Check out the details below! Location information & map >
I’d like to open an e-Student Checking account online:
If you are between the ages of 13* to 24, e-Student Checking has all the online services and benefits you want in a checking account.
e-Student Checking includes:
- Text and Mobile banking – with bill pay and mobile deposit right from your phone!
- Zelle® – a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1.
- Free Mobile Wallet includes Apple Pay™, Samsung Pay and Android Pay
- "Oops" forgiveness - one overdraft fee refund per year**
- ATM fee rebates - our fee and another bank's up to 3 times (or $15 total) per monthly statement cycle
- No monthly maintenance fee, with e-Statements
- No minimum balance required
- e-statements = no paper! Go green. There's a $5 monthly charge for paper.
- 10 bill pays per calendar month (Additional bill pays over 10 are 50 each)
- Resource Plus® debit card or a Resource® ATM card
- Easy deposits or transfers by family members
- Discount rate on your first car loan (subject to credit approval)
- A convenient, engaging, and complete financial planning experience with Money Management™.
Account, debit card and loans subject to approval. Loan offer includes automatic payments.
* Clients between the ages of 13 and 17 require a parent or legal guardian as a joint account owner. Use of Online/Mobile Banking will minimize fees associated with this account.
** If a circumstance occurs that the account is overdrawn, the bank’s normally charged Overdraft/Non-Sufficient Funds (OD/NSF) fee will be refunded once per calendar year. Any charges incurred at the location of the debit origination (merchant) will be the responsibility of the e-student checking account client.
1Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.