A great checking account for students
I’d like to open an e-Student Checking account online:
If you are between the ages of 13* to 24, e-Student Checking has all the online services and benefits you want in a checking account.
e-Student Checking includes:
- Minimum opening balance of $15
- Text and Mobile banking – with Bill Pay and Mobile Deposit right from your phone!
- Zelle® – a fast, safe and easy way to send money directly between almost any bank accounts in the U.S., typically within minutes1.
- Mobile Wallet which includes Apple Pay™, Samsung Pay and Android Pay
- "Oops" forgiveness - one overdraft fee refund per year**
- ATM fee rebates - our fee and another bank's up to 3 times (or $15 total) per monthly statement cycle
- No monthly maintenance fee, with e-Statements
- No minimum balance required
- Accounts will automatically convert to a 1st Checking Account at 25 years of age
- e-statements = no paper! Go green. There's a $5 monthly charge for paper.
- Resource Plus® debit card or a Resource® ATM card
- Easy deposits or transfers by family members
- A convenient, engaging, and complete financial planning experience with Money Management™.
Account, debit card and loans subject to approval.
* Clients between the ages of 13 and 17 require a parent or legal guardian as a joint account owner. Use of Online/Mobile Banking will minimize fees associated with this account.
** If a circumstance occurs that the account is overdrawn, the bank’s normally charged Overdraft/Non-Sufficient Funds (OD/NSF) fee will be refunded once per calendar year. Any charges incurred at the location of the debit origination (merchant) will be the responsibility of the e-student checking account client.
1Transactions typically occur in minutes when the recipient’s email address or U.S. mobile number is already enrolled with Zelle. Must have a bank account in the U.S. to use Zelle.