What is ‘Mobile App’ Banking?
Enjoy convenient features:
- Access 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, anywhere you are.
- Check account balances.
- View recent transactions.
- Search for cleared checks.
- Pay bills.
- Transfer funds between 1st Source accounts.
- Locate the nearest 1st Source ATM or branch.
- The Apps are free from 1st Source!*
- Access to 1st Source Online Banking. Not registered for Online Banking? Sign up now.
- A device that supports mobile applications.
- Access to the App Store if you are using an iPhone®, iPod Touch®, or iPad®. (App Store)
- Access to Google Play™ if your phone or tablet supports Android™ applications. (Google Play™)
- Access to Amazon's Appstore if you use a Kindle Fire. (Amazon Appstore)
- Search the iOS App Store, Amazon Appstore or Google Play™ for 1st Source Bank.
- Download the app and access it.
- Enter your user ID and password.
- Enter your mobile number.
- Verify your identity with a one-time passcode.
- Start Banking!
To transfer funds from your Home Equity Line of Credit, please log in to Online Banking on a personal computer. This functionality is not available for mobile devices. Online transfers completed on a weekend, holiday or after 11:00 PM ET will post to your account history on the next business day.
*1st Source Bank does not charge a fee for Mobile Banking. However, your mobile provider may charge for airtime, roaming, data usage and minutes. Check with your service provider for details on specific fees and charges that may apply. Apple, iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch are trademarks of Apple, Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple, Inc. Android is a trademark of Google, Inc. Amazon and Kindle Fire are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
- Cooperate with law enforcement, but don't admit fault.
- Gather as much information from the other party as possible.
- Obtain the names and numbers of any witnesses.
- Report your claim directly to your insurance company by calling their toll-free number provided below.
- If your insurance company is not listed, contact our claim manager for assistance at 800 510-4102.
- Go to Quicken.
- Click the “Gear” at the top of the accounts list.
- Click “Edit” next to each 1st Source account.
- Change the Customer ID to your Online Banking user ID.
- The password you previously set up for Quicken will remain the same. Please note, your Quicken password is different from your Online Banking password. If you need to have your Quicken password reset, please contact Customer Service at 800-513-2360.
- Now go back to the home screen and click the blue refresh button next to the “Gear” that you clicked to edit the ID.
In our effort to balance client convenience with employee family life, all 1st Source's offices (including Banking Centers) will observe the holiday schedule below. For standard business hours, please reference our locations section:
|New Year's Day*
|Saturday, Jan. 1|
|Martin Luther King, Jr. Day*
|Monday, Jan. 17|
|Monday, Feb. 21|
|Friday, Apr. 15
Close at noon°
|Sunday, Apr. 17|
|Monday, May 30|
Open - Non-processing day
|Sunday, Jun. 19
Observed Monday, Jun. 20
|Monday, Jul. 4|
|Monday, Sep. 5|
|Monday, Oct. 10|
|Friday, Nov. 11|
Open on Friday
|Thursday, Nov. 24|
Close at noon°
|Sunday, Dec. 25|
|New Year's Eve
|Saturday, Dec. 31
** Early Cut-Off - Items received after early cut-off will be processed the following business day.
° All times are local (either ET or CT).
- Use Zelle®
- Use Bank-to-Bank Transfer
- See your account transactions and history>
- Pay bills without writing checks
- Transfer money between your accounts
- Sign up for paperless statements
- Set up account alerts and reminders
- View images of processed checks
- View reports
- A convenient, engaging, and complete financial planning experience with Money Management™.
- Earn cash back with Purchase Rewards
- Access TurboTax® software
Here are a few Password Best Practices:
- Always use a unique password for accessing Online / Mobile Banking.
- Do not use the same password that you use for email, social media, or other online services.
- Create a strong password with at least 8 characters. Mixed case letters, numbers & special characters. The longer the better according to experts.
- Change your password a few times a year.
- Prohibit the use of "shared" usernames and passwords for online banking systems.